Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shrimp and Grits

You know you are in the south when you see "Shrimp & Grits" on the menu, and your waiter says, "thank y'all for coming in!"

The boys were finally back in school today, so after dropping them off I drove downtown to meet my hubby. We needed to open a checking account with a local bank, so naturally we chose the TVA Credit Union! After that, he took me to lunch at a funky little place on Market Square called Cafe4 and we had the Low Country Shrimp & Grits, and it was soooo YUMMY!!!

I still have to pinch myself, on the rare occasions, that I do get to eat out without my kiddos (just to be sure I'm not dreaming). Just the mere thought of taking them out to eat in public, makes my heart start racing ... It just never goes well...and I mean never. Occasionally, afterwards, we will say to each other, "Well, that wasn't too bad," but that's as good as it gets. I've been told it gets better ... I'm still waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment