Thursday, January 6, 2011

School is back in session!!!!!

YES, I'm sooooo happy to have my boys back in school!!!! Liam goes on Tues/Thurs and Killian just goes on Thursday. So, Thursdays have become sacred to me ... From 9:30 until 2:30 I get to go about my day day without much interruption and relative peacefulness. If there really is a heaven ... This is what it must be like!!

Today, I did the simplest of things ..stopped at Starbucks for a chai tea latte, then had the oil changed in my car, next I was off to tour a Pre-K program, then a stop at the grocery store, and all of it was done without anyone yelling at me, bickering amongst themselves, or demanding anything from me. There were no last minute potty breaks or worrying about getting home in time for naps. It's almost like not having a care in the world for 5 blissful hours!!

The funny thing is, I can remember a time when I was in no hurry to send the boys off to school. As frustrated as I would sometimes get, I still truly enjoyed being able to stay home with them ... Even last year, I just sent Liam to PDO one day a week, knowing in my heart these were some of the best years of my life and I would soon miss these days. Something changed over the summer and I found myself yearning for a little more "me" time and I was becoming a bit short-tempered with them. So, this little break from each other has been good for us. They love school and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment