Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Footprints In The Snow

Last night as I was taking the dog out for her last potty break, I stepped outside into the bitter cold .. Took a deep breath and huddled even further down into my coat and scarf. As I rounded the corner of the building, the frigid wind literally slapped me in the face. I was tugging on the dog's leash trying to convince her to hurry up and tinkle, because I desperately wanted to get back inside where it was warm. Finally she dooes the deed, and as we approach the front door I look over to the snow and notice a bunch of little footprints zigzagging through the snow, in no particular pattern. I thought back to the past couple of days and I remembered the snowball fight the boys and I had with Daddy ... The snowball fight that created those little footprints in the snow .. The laughing and giggling that had taken place each time they managed to hit us with one.

Once inside, it hit me .. Bill and I had created those little feet that left behind those little footprints in the snow .... I was reminded again just how lucky we were to be able to watch a legacy unfold as those footprints grow .... Now here's to us not screwing it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment