Friday, January 7, 2011

MNO

I went out last night with my new "Moms Club" and had a great time! A fabulous group of gals who have made me feel so welcome! The restaurant food/service was lousy, but I didn't even care...mainly because I hadn't been out in weeks and also because I had a GROUPON which brought my bill down to $1.80!!

I've been struggling a little lately ... Moving is stressful enough, but we also have the added worry of trying to sell our house back in KS. Everything is new and different .. And while that has some excitement built into it, it can also be emotionally draining. One of the moms I have met, who also moved here not so long ago, gave me a book at playgroup today called "After The Boxes Are Unpacked ... Moving On After Moving In". So sweet of her and it meant a lot to me. There's a chapter called " Cherish, Not Cling ... Remembering back, but looking forward" and another one entitled "Nobody Knows My Name - Finding Your Lost Identity". I'm looking forward to reading it over the weekend. The good thing is the boys are adjusting well. They have already moved on and settled in, and for that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment