Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello 2011 !!

Well here it is 2011 .... Seems funny to type/write that! With a little encouragement from my BFF I decided to make my THIRD attempt at maintaining an active blog ... Let's see how long I keep up with it this time!

I remember when blogging first came on the scene, I had to ask my hubby what it was exactly ... Then followed with "why?". Now it seems like a good way to keep family and friends across the miles up-to-date on what's going on with us, as well as a great way to archive those precious family memories!

The boys and I have this little phrase we share between us ...it started with a song. An Uncle Kracker song to be exact. Everytime it came on the radio my 2 yo would start belting out the lyrics with all his heart ... Then he just randomly started singing it anytime, anywhere and eventually he started saying "Mommy, you make me smile", and a few weeks ago as I was tucking his older brother into bed, I kissed him on the cheek and he responded with "Mommy, that makes me smile and so do." Now we find ourselves randomly saying to each other "You make me smile". So, Uncle Kracker's "Smile" has become OUR song and "You make me smile" has become OUR own little phrase .. And "They Make Me Smile" naturally became the name of my blog, because that is exactly what they both do ... Make me smile deep down to my core.

No comments:

Post a Comment